0

Talking about the Future

Posted by Esther on 3:58
 WILL / SHALL

1. Usamos el "will" cuando predecimos acontecimiento o situaciones futuras (pero no tenemos pistas en el presente, es una opinion) Predictions.

You´ll love the film.
 
2. Cuando decidimos algo en el momento de hablar. (Instant decision)

I've left the door open. I'll go and shut it.

I´ll have the steak. 


3. Ofrecimientos (Offers)

I´ll carry that bag for you. 

  - También podemos expresar ofrecimientos con "Shall" . Deben ser en forma de pregunta y con "I" .

Shall I help you with your homework?

- "Shall" también nos sirve para hacer sugerencias. También en forma de pregunta pero con "We".(Suggestions)

Shall we go to the cimena tonight? 



4. Promesas (Promises)

I will always love you.

5. Eventos que ocurrirán con seguridad.

I will do an exam on November 18th.


BE GOING TO

  2.− Predicciones en las que tenemos la certeza de que algo va a ocurrir en el futuro porque tenemos pruebas o indicios. (Predictions)

I think they´re going to win. (They´re playing very well)

It´s going to rain. (The skiy is very dark)


The man can't see where he is going. There is a hole in front of him. He is going to fall into the hole.

 2.− Planes e intenciones.(Future plans and intentions)

My sister is going to adopt a child.

I´m tired. I'm going to have an early night.


With the verb "GO" you can leave out the infinitive.

I´m not going (to go) to New York.


PRESENT CONTINUOUS 

1.− Usamos " present continuous" o "be going to"  para planes e intenciones de un futuro más o menos inmediato y planeado con anterioridad.(Pre-arranged future plans and intentions)

They are meeting at 10am.

She´s leaving on Friday.

- "be going to" se usa para mostrar que ya hemos tomado la decisión.


We´re going to get married in the summer.


- el "presente continuous" enfatiza que ya hemos hecho los preparativos.

We´re getting married on July the 5th (we´ve  booked the appointment at the city hall)

Exercises

More exercises

Will /be going to

Quiz

0 Comments

Publicar un comentario

Copyright © 2009 ENGLISH VENTURED 1st BACHILLERATO All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.